Oh gosh! Yesterday there was so much going on:)
My boyfriend wanted to go do some shopping (you wouldn’t understand:). That’s a decision he makes once a month are we are literally all day in the mall. Actually i don’t really mind, he always gets me some kind of new jewelry on secret. Yesterday i got a new nail polish and meaningful ring.
Than i got a text from my best friend, who i haven’t seen for a really long time. It was so good that she came in town, she really calms me, you know how those friendships work. So we drank a mint tea, of course, and continue shopping. You really don’t know how much you miss someone until they’re away (i decided to visit her next week).
And than i tried some glasses, so vogue;)
Than in the evening i ordered new make up from a website and the package must come tomorrow, so can’t wait to try it all:) But until than, here’s a story my guy told me before:
There is a story they tell of two dogs. Both at seperate times walk into the same room. One comes out wagging his tail while the other comes out growling. A women watching this goes into the room to see what could possibly make one dog so happy and the other so sad. To her surprise, she find a room filled with mirrors. The happy dog found a thousand happy dogs looking back at him while the angry dog saw only angry dogs growling back to him. What you see in the world around you is a reflection of who you are.
It rains constantly from 11 a.m. I’m feeling so tired and overwhelming sadness on days like this. Except during the college year when i actually like rainy days because they increase my productivity. I do all my essays, seminars and my studying more efficient while looking at falling rain. Now i’m enjoying last weeks of my freedom (until college starts again), so here is my list of what to do on days like today:
1. Take a walk. With rain boots like these i wouldn’t mind raindrops all around me.
2. Striped umbrella to remind you that sailor days are coming when the sun shines again.
3. Gossip girl. If you are more of a resting person when it rains wear something cozy and relax while watching your favorite series.
4. Mint muffin. (Goes hand in hand with mint cup of tea). Baking is also great while raining. You can make healthy cupcakes or muffins. Search some recipes on pinterest, i love it.
5. Read. I just can’t wait the day Lauren Conrad’s book is going to be mine. But currently i’m reading Jody Ellen Malpas’ trilogy. The first book This man was SO GOOD. I read it in about three days.
6. Blankets. Just to make even more cozy atmosphere.
7. Do your nails. This may take a while so rainy days are perfect to do a manicure. Essie neon nail polishes are perfect to cheer up a bit (if rain makes you melancholic like me:)
8. Tea. No matter what, don’t forget to make yourself a great and relaxing (mint cup of) tea. Today i’m drinking lemon balm tea, which is good for mood disorders, cramps and relieves PMS.(Just what i need:)
I hope you are enjoying those rainy days.
I mean, i know it’s a bit early but i wanted to show you some tips how to be well prepared for new college year (it’s my last but i always say: this year i’m going to do this, do that, but that never works out for me:). I must say discipline is so important. I’m being total organization freak and that can be very positive to prepare everything before next college year starts.
1. Organize your study space. Get rid of the supplies you don’t need anymore, make sure you buy yourself enough clips, colorful post-its, re-organize your drawers, get rid of all old pieces of paper that you won’t need anymore and you will feel some pounds lighter:)
2. Prepare your supplies for classes. Every semester i buy myself some very cute notebooks for each of my classes. For me it’s better to have separated notes, some of them like folders for all the classes together. Buy yourself new pencils (my favorite are those one) and of course, new agenda (so important to keep all of yours to-do lists at one place) and new pencil case. Those little treasures will keep you motivated during the year.
3. Clean and organize your PC. Make a new folder for new year and folders for every class. If you are using your computer in class made sure you download some apps that block online distractions. You will also be more focused on what professor is talking about.
4. Don’t forget all the golden rules: Don’t skip classes (I’m always struggling with this one, especially because i like to sleep late), don’t miss the assignments, try not to get behind, be nice and maybe make new friends.
This year, I’ll make it happen!
Today i’m gonna show you 11 yoga moves-if you’re stuffed from too much stuffing:) Those moves are easy to do, i do a sequence in the morning, you can also repeat it in the evening. Those moves are also great if you suffer from menstrual cramps. One week before your period do this sequence once a day.
This month i’m also trying an oil made of lavender, sage and rose petals that my boyfriend made. This kind of oil is great to prevent cramps (i’ll tell you how that went).
Try to turn those moves into a yoga morning routine and let me know how’s it going:)
Today i will show you how to make a simple raw chocolate that tastes magnificent. Really. Yum.
It looks like this:
This version is my favorite, with goji berries and almonds on top of it (if you didn’t know, goji berries are GREAT antioxidants and great for your immune system- really, eat them as much as you can:), almonds on the other side are great source of magnesium – for healthy bones, muscles and nervous system).
So what will you need to do this kind of chocolate?
1. Raw cacao
2. Cocoa butter
3. Coconut sugar
What you need to do is just melt about 3-4 tbsp of cocoa butter on low heat, than add about 2 tbsp of raw cacao and more than 2 tbsp of coconut sugar. It must be very creamy. Make sure that coconut sugar is well dissolved.
Than just pour the mass on a plate where you put baking paper, add some fruit or nuts and leave the chocolate in fridge for about 30 minutes.
Let me know how it was:)