Having a website is your number one tool for marketing and selling your product. However, your site is no good to anybody, if it is poorly designed, unattractive to look at, and out of date in its information. You need to maintain it regularly, ensuring that once people visit your site, they enjoy using it and bookmark your pages for further use.
If you have a website, and if you’re reading this then you probably do, consider the following pieces of advice to make your website stand out from all the others in the marketplace, ensuring greater opportunities for success for your company.
1. Buy a pro domain name. While it is possible to make a website for free using a web-building company, you will be taken more seriously if you self-host your site with a personal domain name. It will cost you a monthly fee, but it will add further credibility to your business.
2. Use WordPress. As you may already know, you can easily install this platform onto your site for free, giving you easy management of your content and design. You can embed buttons for social network sharing, photo galleries, video libraries and more.
3. Hire a third-party company. You may be too busy to build or manage your website. If that is the case, hire a service, such as this hotel website design company, who can give your site the professional look it needs, while you focus on other areas of your work.
4. Have a testimonial page. Encourage your buyers to leave positive feedback and reviews for your products and showcase them prominently on your website. Knowing that other people have used and benefitted from your service, will give extra confidence for others interested in buying from you.
5. Create a blog. While you may already have a blog covering your personal interests, such as family updates or photographs of your cat, your company blog should be entirely separate and of interest to the consumer. Within your blog, feature articles on the products you sell, answers to questions many consumers ask, and news of any upcoming promotions and deals you may offer.
6. Use SEO. Search engine optimization is your guarantee that your website will rise to the top of search engine rankings, through smart linking of words on your web page. When people google your product, you won’t necessarily be at the forefront of the web search, so SEO will make sure you don’t get lost in the crowd. This is complicated for many of us, so hire a specialist company to help you.
7. Provide easy navigation. As in any high street store, the consumer needs to know where to look for information about your product and how to buy it. If your site is cluttered with too many links, redirecting pages and social media icons, they are liable to leave and move on to one of your competitors. A minimalist design is more effective, with clear signposting as to where the consumer needs to go next.